Edna has recently enrolled at the University of Melbourne as a “mature” (yeah, right; Oh Cheers) student and has a some bollock to report on.
- Edna is NOT the oldest student there, indeed there is someone ancient with white hair and not just a few gray in otherwise red locks.
- Edna does have the finest beard in the uni, even amongst religio-minorities, geology professors and unwashed socialists.
- Almost everyone aside from Edna appears to have an iPhone or iPad and are constantly tapping away on them. She now wants one or the other.
- No one interacts with each other at all; isolated individuals, all looking scared of slacking off to the non-existent student pub for excessive booze and a casual shag.
- Oh, there is no student pub/bar.
- She now understands “modernism” in a literary context.
- She has a new found appreciation for Catcher in the Rye, and Arundhati Roy.
It’s the end of semester now, and Edna can get back to all this.
At least she made a friend…